Ok, so Hvar is supposed to be this world renowned Party island, but I think it's kinda sleepy...
Just kidding. So the party island part is actually true, but I'm here just after the season ended, so right now, it's very serene and fairly peaceful. I like it, it's really pretty & I'm not so into clubbing anyway, so it works for me.
I've been travelling the last couple of days with a few travellers I met... go figure, one is from Seattle and just got laid off from Wamu. Hmmm, small world. Oh, yes, and I worked on floor 25 in the center, he worked on 26. seriously. And, skipping ahead... we're laying on the beach for a short bit at a tiny island we took an excursion to and meet a tour group of older travellers from... Mukultio. It was pretty dang funny, actually, this must be how Aussies feel.
So, we got to Hvar yesterday afternoon and did some strolling around. a few peers (sp?) away, we found the coolest little beach bar, about 10 days away from closing for the season called Hula Hula. We sat for a late lunch and ended up not leaving till after sunset, which was absolutely incredible. It's the only place on the island to be for sunset, where you're facing the right direction and can sit there with a beer or fruity drink while watching the sun set behind and island with a handful of boats in the distance, out for a cruise. Oh, and who can forget the opportunity to see a bloke dancing around all night at the beach bar in a speedo. that was funny. Funnier, apparently he was american???
oh right, part of the reason I think we ended up there for so long is that one of the waitresses was on her last shift and kept running around giving out shots to all the guests. She was getting ready to take off traveling for a few months during her off season.
Today, we took an excursion boat to a cute little island where we hung out for half a day on literally, the only three feet of sandy beach in Hvar. It was pretty funny. But somehow we got lucky and stumbled upon it while it was empty. This is where we met the Mukultio folks. I guess PNWers have a good sense of direction. ???
We also met another group of travelers from Chicago, San Fran, LA and Iowa. They were pretty fun, we ended up meeting them later at Hula Hula. That was even funnier. We were pretty mellow, but they got absolutely smashed and were really entertaining. Great group. :)
Tomorrow we're going to hike the hill and see the one touristy thing here that isn't a beach or a bar, but a castle of sorts. I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment